Hello! So sorry that I have been absent so long!! It has been a really crazy summer…… Between kids being home all summer,vacations,illness, and everything in between I have not had a moment to my self let alone time to blog and create new projects for you.
You might have come across this project already, but I HAD to share it with you, As this is a new one to me. I can’t believe I never thought of this simple idea before. A Replacement washable Swiffer Wetjet pad!! I hate the high cost of the replacement pad. My kids always want to “help” Mop the floor and I always cringe at the thought of that “help” They use more liquid and pads that you can ever imagine. Now I won’t mind if they “help”. My new favorite LOVE is PINTEREST!!! I’m So addicted!!! Anyway I saw this idea and wanted to make it with out any cost. I saw several ideas and came up with this version
check out this post as well !! How to refill the cleaner bottle
Here is what you will need:
Old hand towel measuring 14″ x21″
Soft side of velcro 42″ in length you will not use the scratchy side
Sewing machine, thread, and measuring tape
Lets get started.
1. Fold the towel in half so it measures 10.5″ across
2. Cut along the folded edge
You will have two pieces, this will make two pads
The directions are for one pad. You can either complete each pad individually or do both pads at the same time. Just do each step on both of the two pieces
3. Fold bottom edge up 4.5″
4. Fold Top edge down to meet bottom edge
5. Sew around all edges with a zig zag stitch. You may want to use a jeans needle as this is thick on the edge that already has the finished edge. You could do a straight stitch on the three finished edges and a zig zag on the unfinished edge. This is to prevent the edge from unraveling after many washes.
6. next cut your soft side of velcro to the length of the pad. It should be 10.5″. You will need two strips per pad. So you should cut four 10.5 pieces.
7. Measure down 1″ from the top long side. This is were you are going to place your velcro and pin.
8. Measure up from bottom long edge 1″. Place and pin your soft side of velcro .
9. Sew using a zig zag stitch all around the velcro. Making sure that the middle of the pressure foot is on the edge of the velcro. This way you will get a good secure stitch.
You have completed one pad!!! I know that was so easy and I can’t believe I didn’t think of it sooner!! If you just did one pad at a time go back and run through these steps again and you will have two pads!! This is SO much cheaper than the expensive replacement pads.
Remember check back tomorrow to see how to refill the bottle.
Another really good Trick!!
Tags: Swiffer Wetjet replacement pad, Swiffer Wetjet replacement pad DIY, Swiffer Wetjet replacement pad Tutorial, Swiffer Wetjet washable replacement pad